This is a show where I get really raw with Pete Saunders about self-doubt, masculinity, and how to find your superpower.
Today’s guest on the Art of Adventure Podcast is an adventurer in his own right. He has run with the bulls in Pamplona, walked the 500 mile Camino del Santiago pilgrimage, written bestselling books, and become a certified wine expert.
A little behind the curtain about how I move content around... if you're a content strategy nerd.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- The 3 steps in the content marketing cycle
- One thing to NEVER do in content marketing and what to do instead
- How to tap into a deep desire within your audience
- Advanced strategies for getting your content out in a bigger way
Tips From The Episode:
- You want to make sure you are clear about your core message
- Make sure to respect your reader or listener
- People get bored if they are not connected with your content
- You want to involve more people in your content creation process
The shininess of the new calendar will wane once we get closer to February… and all of those feelings of positive momentum can wear off as well if you’re not still motivated this time next month.
Most people don’t even write down their resolutions anywhere meaningful, so looking back on 12 months in late December always feels hollow. In my experience with coaching professionals on goal-setting, the best way to shift your habits is to set out consecutive 6-8 week projects that feel motivating. Basically at the beginning and end of each quarter, you’ll set project goals and then measure them respectively.
My biggest fear is to look back on a mediocre life and wonder what went wrong.
This is the podcast that started it all for me. And it's still a favorite of mine because Caleb does such an incredible job of earnestly leading while playfully injecting humor and levity. Seriously, he's a pro and you should check him out.
In this class:
- Texan stereotypes.
- Doing the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage in Spain.
- Walking through France and Spain over six weeks.
- Working as a speech writer for a Member of Parliament in London.
- How it pays to be precocious when looking for a job.
- Speaking out against sexual abuse.
- Doing a 100 mile walk in four days through Scotland solo.
- Doing the trails too fast.
- Dealing with blisters.
- Having his Camino family.
- Having questions he was looking for.
- Moments of clarity.
- Working on his inner world.
- Having some love connections.
- Staying in monasteries.
- The feeling of completion and a new perspective.
- Wanting to see life and death.
- The Running of The Bulls in Pamplona, Spain.